Saturday, February 2, 2013

For the society and the kids.

Oh my, it is another weekend. Time passed so fast when I am working or I am happy. Or even both, just exactly like what I am now. My life has been full of happiness from every aspect, except health. Been sicked, hurt, and pained in these 2 months, but I am glad I was not alone to face them all. My life is now too great to be imagine by myself before. Never thought that I could have all of these, and I am living and trying hard to protect what I have now.

Life is all about fighting for what you want and protecting what you have, isn't it?

So after working as an teaching assistant for more than a month, I am now finally get used with children. I have to admit that I am not really a children-loving person as sometimes they are really naughty or their innocence may really hurt my dignity.

Just like yesterday, a 15 years old boy came to our center. One of the student saw him and his height, she directly asked me : "Teacher, why are you so short?" Or sometimes I just hate people who doubted my ability.

It is okay. I can handle these now. My EQ is now well trained.

But I would still consider it was a fun and enjoyable job. Their innocence maybe offensive sometimes, but we can still find the funny one.

One day, I was teaching a 7 years old little girl Bahasa Malaysia. Then I saw this word, KAKAK which have the meaning of "sister". I am pretty sure every single educated Malaysian knows what it means. And I even think it was a word that is taught in kindergarten.

But my job is to make sure she understood, so I still asked her : "What is KAKAK?" She showed me a confident and IKnowWhatIsIt-face to me and answer my question loudly. Really loudly.

" MAID!!!"

I was sad and feeling funny for that answer. We as Malaysian had formed this couture of having a maid called KAKAK in the country and the couture is now deeply affecting the new generation. Kakak is now understand as maid but not sister. I corrected her immediately and she showed me her innocent face. Aww, sorry for that. And I never hear her speaking loud in class anymore. I have to make her repeat for a few times to hear her answer.

And today we have class with a 6 years old little girl. Having tuition at the age of 6 is probably the thing I never wanted to see. And I am very glad and proud that I never have or needed any tuition in my life. It was something that I am very thankful. So when my colleague was teaching her science, there was a diagram of aquarium. My colleague was trying to tell her it was used to rears fish and the little girl do have fishes at home.... But they are just not in an aquarium, but a pond.

She shouted excitedly when she was describing the pond she have in her house : BUT MY HOUSE ONE BIG BIG CANNOT TAKE OUT ONE!

Poor little girl, she don't even know what is mountain, cloud nor aquarium yet but she already have tuition in her life.

The economy ability of our society is improving. We can now provide the younger generation a better environment and they have everything convenient. But are we giving them what they really need? Do a little child really need a phone or a tablet? Are they really smart enough for internet yet? Are they really ready to take what we give them now? From what I see, the parents nowadays seems to provide their children everything that they thought it was good. But it was good for the children, or the parents?

To be honest, I am against children having high-technology product too early. I just can't find any thing good about it. They will be addicted to it. They will be chasing the trend. Why should we let the children be poisoned by these product? I even consider that as another form of abuse. At my point of view, giving them the correct education is the real thing we should do. Nurturing the correct moral value should be the things that we are doing for them. Giving them happy and healthy childhood is something we should do for them.

Rethink what are you doing for the children. Sometimes loving is not about giving what you can give, but giving what they need. Do not harm them with your love when you never have the intention to do that, but it happens. Love them in the right way. Lead them to the right path.

By the way, a little joke to be shared before I end my post. So one day I was preparing lesson and the topic was simple present tense. I was so lack of idea in making question but a funny and evil idea popped out from my mind in a sudden. So I told my colleague.

"Hey, I can make the student say that you are handsome indirectly. I make a question "you ( are , is ) handsome." And you ask her to read after she is done. Then she will tell you that you are handsome."

LOLOLOL If you get my bad joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment